Crypto Blog

Feral Kitten Needs Help Advice Wanted!

Feral Kitten several months ago. She doesn't grow up.
I have a few feral cats that live in the yard. For the most part they come to eat and relax and go on their way again. That is all the feral cats but Feral Kitten. She sort of thinks I am her mommy and runs into the house cuddles up against the dogs jumps in my car. Pretty much thinks she owns the place. When I am gone she will hunt for small animals and one of the male cats brings her special treats. I can be gone for two weeks at a time and feral kitten will be there to say hello within an hour of me getting home.

So I was really worried that she had died when she hadn't been around for 4 days. Then I say he yesterday she jumped into my arms so I brought her inside to get her a cup of food and poured it in her usual feeding spot. I had to go back out and when I came back noticed the food looked barely touched and she was gone. She was hungry and her little body was even smaller then normal so I knew there had to be something wrong when she didn't come back all day for food.

She ventured back out today and thought she was walking funny but only saw her take a few steps. She came over to say hello so I picked her up again. I held her for a bit and then put her down in the grass so I could do something for Davinia when I noticed what seemed like a hole in her leg. Apparently she was injured (most likely attacked by something or someone). The area seems to be healing there is some leakage but no swelling and the area for the most part seems clean. She is purring and her eyes look clear so either she isn't showing her pain or she is not longer in much pain.

I brought her inside to try and allow her to heal. She is in the girls biggest crate (a Veri Kennel 300) with food and water but I don't know what to do about a potty for her. She has always been an outdoor cat so what if anything can I give her in the crate to go potty in? I figure whether I bring her to the vet and they have to keep her in a crate there so they can keep the wound clean or if I allow her to care for herself in a crate here where she will be less stressed out she would need some sort of potty system.

As an aside she has some food and water two dog toys which I just left in the crate since i brought her inside and put her right in there since the dogs followed me into the room with her as well as a stuffed animal. She might curl up with the stuffed animal but I am pretty doubtful she will play with the toys. I pulled the blanket out because it was really fluffy and seemed like she was nervous to walk on it. Plus she spilled her water all over it. Should I leave the bottom just the plastic or put something in there for her to sleep on?

If you have cat experience or feral cat experience please help!

Idle Talk: