Crypto Blog

What Happened to Blogger

For over 24 hours now many of us have been experiencing issue after issue with our Blogger Blogs. The first issue I experienced was trying to schedule a blog post yesterday morning to go up in the afternoon while I was at an appointment. I thought that I had bypassed the problem and that it would post so that when I got home I could work on the next thing. Only when I got home it had not gone up and my blog was in read only mode. For the rest of the afternoon and through the night I monitored my blog (yes I know that makes me obsessive.) At different times my posts from Thursday were available and then missing again. I stayed up pretty late waiting for a change to get control over my blog again so I could schedule posts for this morning with no luck. So I went to sleep hoping I would have access this morning. Only I found that my blog was not only still in read only mode but that everything was gone from Wednesday morning forward.

It seems that Google and Blogger have the problem under control now and have taken blogs out of read only mode. (let's hope it stays that way). Keeping my fingers crossed my blog posts from Wednesday and Thursday come back along with the posts that I had scheduled in the background. According to the following report from Blogger they know the posts are still missing and will be back as soon as possible.

Here’s what happened: during scheduled maintenance work Wednesday night, we experienced some data corruption that impacted Blogger’s behavior. Since then, bloggers and readers may have experienced a variety of anomalies including intermittent outages, disappearing posts, and arriving at unintended blogs or error pages. A small subset of Blogger users (we estimate 0.16%) may have encountered additional problems specific to their accounts. Yesterday we returned Blogger to a pre-maintenance state and placed the service in read-only mode while we worked on restoring all content: that’s why you haven’t been able to publish. We rolled back to a version of Blogger as of Wednesday May 11th, so your posts since then were temporarily removed. Those are the posts that we’re in the progress of restoring.

Idle Talk: