Crypto Blog

A Day Full of PR

I really meant to get at least one more post up today but I have been reading and responding to PR companies requests all day. I normally don't talk about my interaction with PR companies but I have had some really great pitches this week and just wanted to say thank you. All of the PR reps that contacted me today had actually bothered to look at our blog, figure out my name (and sometimes event the girls names), and make their pitch specific to our blog or even better a specific post on our blog! Do you have any idea how rare that is?

I cannot tell you how many Press Releases I get from companies saying "we know you are always looking for more content". While it is true content is King when it comes to blogs I don't need to repost a Press Release unless I think the product or service it is promoting is just completely out of this world or due to the initial contact I am going to be receiving some of that product to review. I guess with those pitches they are hoping to catch the blogger at a good time when they are feeling extremely generous or haven't taken a look around the blog to see that the blogger doesn't post them.

Of course if I have worked with a company in the past and they have a new client they don't need to send me an in depth pitch they can say something like:
Hey Marika, Hope things are going well. I have a new client / newly launched product I would love to tell you about. Let me know if you are interested. Like I said I am just really impressed considering some of the garbage I usually have to wade through and delete. I was so impressed with today's batch that one of the PR people works with a company that I would never have considered discussing in a positive light on our blog but figured I should at least take a look around their clients site before saying no but after looking around I realized I could use the product as a way to talk about safety.

That said I have been doing some pretty hard pitches right back at them for upcoming events. Including some pitching for all of you. Yep, I have been trying to get companies to agree not only to sponsor a giveaway on my blog but to sponsor some of your blogs as well so you can participate in the Holiday Giveaway Hop for Pets. After all the more participation the more amazing the event will be.

Idle Talk: