Crypto Blog

Davinia's Necklace: Stella & Dot Goes to the Dogs

For a while I have wanted a piece of Jewelry that when I wear it I could say I am wearing this for Davinia and Indiana but I didn't want to be viewed as the crazy dog lady. I also haven't seen a Cavalier Charm for a necklace that I love and I didn't want to go with something generic like a paw or a bone.

Then Davinia was viciously attacked on December 26th I will not go into details but she was in emergency surgery for 3 hours to fix internal injuries and then in critical condition for several more days. Her pelvis was broken and fractured in multiple places and she had nerve and muscle damage. Yet she is determined to get better. Each day she tries her very best to walk the little bit she can manage even with help and knows she needs to rest in order to get better.

Photobucket

I really wanted to have something I could wear that was special and meant something to me without the whole crazy lady thing going on. I kept thinking that I could create a charm necklace after all as a Stella & Dot Stylist I do sell them. But it just never felt right so I didn't place the order.

There was a reason for that and that reason is part of the new Spring Collection. I know I already showcased the Silk Bases but I didn't go into detail about what made it special and why I would want to wear it. The second I saw the Hot Pink Silk Base I knew I found what I was looking for and so Davinia's Necklace finally took shape.

Photobucket

I put the Silver d (letters are all lowercase) and a Fresh Water Pearl Dangle (I need to get one of those little loops so I can have it hanging the the right direction so you can really see Czech crystal heart on top of the freshwater pearl) on the Hot Pink Silk Base. The Silk Bases both come with a sterling silver signature Stella & Dot Heart already attached.

Now I just need to decide if I am going to make one with an 'i' for Indiana on the Silk Base in Aqua and wear them at the same time. I have the Silk Base because I think it is an important sample to have so I would just need to order the 'i'. To me adding a second letter charm to on base would just be too much but the two necklaces worn at the same time would be different and fun.

I love it and wanted to share with all of you because if I wanted to make something special that wasn't the usual Charm Necklace I am sure there are more then a few of you who would like to do the same thing for a loved one but just never found a base that appealed to you.

The original post can be found on my blog www.felissahadas.blogspot.com please stop by and say hello.

Idle Talk: