Crypto Blog

My Readers Deserve the Truth

Blogs are sources of information that readers depend to bring the truth. Studies have shown that over the past 5 years more and more people turn to blogs for news then traditional media sources because Bloggers put the truth out there. The trend seems to be continuing to grow where more and more people turn to blogs for their news because they can connect with the writer and either agree or disagree with what they are saying but at least are finding out what is going on. While a Blogger might be biased in one direction or another our readers come to value our opinion and trust that we are giving all the information available. When a Blogger has confirmed information about a company or organization that they believe their readers should know it is wrong to not put the information out there.

If we Review a product we shouldn't just post it is the best thing since peanut butter and jelly if we don't think it is. It isn't fair to our readers who rely on our opinion of a product to decide if they want to go out and purchase it. There are plenty of companies who have approached me that I tell flat out I really have no use for their product because the girls will not use it or eat but I would be happy to write a paid post (with disclaimer) and do a giveaway. Apparently that is not ok with them because they never even respond.

As a Blogger I get multiple requests a day to promote businesses for free. Yes, they expect me to write a post for them for FREE no product to review even just a Press Release addressed to Dear Blogger and tell people to go out and buy their product so they make money and I receive nothing. They want my blog to promote them but they are not interested in giving anything in return. When you work with companies in an industry who have seen incredible growth when all other industries have seen a decline in the same period its a little on the ridiculous side that they believe I should promote their products for free.

As a Pet Blogger I get multiple emails from complete strangers asking me to ask my readers to donate money so they can get their dog or cat spayed or that their pet needs such and such surgery so that they can get well. I am really sorry but I am not going to ask my readers to give you money. I didn't ask a single reader for money to help with Davinia's thousands of dollars in vet bills when she was attacked as much as I feel bad for you and your pet I just do not feel comfortable doing so. However if you would like to have a fundraiser among your friends and family I would be happy to help and give my profits from any Scentsy sales from your friends and family.

I also get tons of requests to feature one animal rescue organization or another and ask my readers to flat out donate money to them. Generally I decline as I don't specifically want everything I post about to be animals in need. Sometimes though I get multiple requests to spotlight an organization even after putting links to their site in a blog post or two. While I might support the work the organization is doing if they want me to post about how they need donations I will try to find out as much about the organization as I can as well as how they use the money they receive. Ideally 100% of all donations should go to help the animals or people in need. I know in most cases this just doesn't happen which is fine but my readers who are being asked to open their wallets and checkbooks have a right to know how their money is being spent. If fact if I personally know that things are going on that I would want to know about before donating to an organization and I don't share those things with my readers and they find out from another blogger or on their own and then are upset that they donated that looks bad on me when they come to me and ask if I knew before I posted. I loose credibility as a blogger. However if I like the organizations work in general and I am just not on board with some of their policies or their use of money and are truthful about it my readers can make the decision on their own whether or not they agree with me and if they want to donate money to this or that organization.

Idle Talk: