Crypto Blog

#Mamavation Monday - My 90 Day Challenge
Watch Lives Change

It's time for me to share.

Where to being this post. I guess I should start at the beginning. I have been very overweight for quite a few years now. I just wasn't motivated to be healthy in fact subconsciously I probably wanted to be unhealthy. Anyway, right before I moved to Hong Kong I was at my heaviest ever and somehow hurt my foot. I don't think I will ever know how I hurt it whether it was something dropping on it or stepping wrong but I hurt the top of my foot. Long story short I could barely walk every single step hurt. I went to get X-rays and nothing was broken but it was quite apparent that my feet have really tiny little bones that could just not hold the weight I was making them carry. Well the pain in my foot did not go away in fact from not walking properly I developed Plantar Fasciitis so then basically every step felt like a ball of needles going into the heal of my foot.

I was back in the US for the summer and starting to loose weight when I went to another doctor who told me I was full of dog poop and there was nothing wrong with my foot. I insisted there was and he agreed to write a script so I could have X-rays taken. He still said nothing was wrong. I basically told him to go eat said dog poop and went to a sports medicine doctor. He took one look at me walking and told me before he could start PT I needed to see the Acupuncturist especially because I was only going to be in the US a few more weeks and PT would not do anything fast enough. Needless to say it was the first time that I felt any relief in months. As soon as I got back to Hong Kong I made an appointment with the general practitioner so I could start PT. I was still in PT 7 months later and feeling much better. I had lost about 45 lbs in that time and could walk some distance without pain - ie to the gym or to the community plaza or on long walks with the dogs but then I would need to rest.

Skip forward to now. I had lost some more weight between then and now and was pretty successful at keeping most of it off until this winter. Everything went down hill for me in a big way when Davinia was attacked. I really couldn't leave her alone for more then an hour or 2 in the beginning. Even when all she could do was lay in her crate I felt like I needed to be in the house in case she needed me. She wouldn't drink on her own so I had to syringe water / pedialyte/ carrot juice/ water I could manage to get her to swallow. I didn't feel safe walking Indiana and just wanted to get back to Davinia anyway so first our long walks were completely cut out and then I would only walk her around the block once per day and do short little to the stop sign and back the rest of the time. Taking Davinia out to potty was a whole other story which I will leave for a post about her. Bottom line I gained weight. I was feeling tired all the time. I have had food issues since college and everything was making me sick again so I made the decision I was going to do something about it.

I found out about the Visalus 90 Day Challenge and have not looked back since. Not only have I not looked back I feel amazing. My 90 Day challenge began on June 20th. Since then I have lost 4 lbs, I am less bloated, my clothes are fitting better, I have gained so much energy that I am now walking the dogs on our long walks again, my stomach has stopped hurting all the time, I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day where before I was drinking probably a 2 liter of diet soda per day, I am getting healthy protein, taking vitamins and minerals on a daily basis and not having nearly as much junk food as before. I do have a goal of 35lbs for my 90 day challenge which I would like to achieve but I do know that my body shape is changing and I am gaining muscle from the protein shakes as I am loosing the fat. But the bottom line for me is that I feel better.

Oh and the girls feel better too. Not that they are on the 90 Day Challenge but they are getting more fresh air from our longer walks and obviously getting more exercise. I did some research on the Omega Vitamins that I am taking and found out that they are not only properly formulate for humans but dogs as well so they have been getting Omega Oil in their food (I will post about that another day) and it is doing amazing things for them.

I would love for you to Join my 90 Day Challenge to better health and we can support each other on our journey. Oh if you have three friends who you think would benefit from the 90 day challenge get them to sign up with you and your product is FREE!

See you next week for my new weekly installment #Mamavation post.Felissa

***Mamavation is a weight loss campaign and social media experiment brought to you by Earth Footwear, The EA SPORTS Active & Smooth Fitness. The Mamavation campaign is a unique movement in social media. Not only does it support two moms (Mamavation Moms), it also supports the first virtual healthy living sorority in social media called "The Sistahood."***

Idle Talk: