Crypto Blog

A Dog that Closes the Bar

A Parson Russell Terrier astounded regulars at a British pub by learning to ring the bell for last orders, her owner said Thursday.

Daisy, aged two, leaps out of her basket, hops onto a stool and jumps onto the bar when Ned Clarke, her owner and the pub's landlord, yells, “Time gentlemen, please.”

She then balances on her hind legs and tugs the bell’s rope with her teeth to signal that The Three Tuns pub is ready to close in Bristol, southwestern England.

“She always seemed interested when we rang the bell," Clarke said. "Then one day, she just jumped up onto the bar and grabbed the rope in her mouth and went to town. From that day on, that was it, and it became an obsession for her. She knows she has a little bit of power, and she loves it, because it has made her famous. As far as I’m aware, she is the only dog to do it."

______________________

I can't drink but I if I happened to be on vacation near this pub I would stop by just to watch a dog decide its last call and for the patrons there to listen to her. That's one powerful job for a dog if I ever heard of one. I wonder if the regulars go over to Daisy and give her a kiss goodnight as they go home. Its not the pulling the string on the bell part that is so neat to me it is the fact that people actually listen to her.

Idle Talk: