Crypto Blog

#Blogathon Meet Sherman

Sherman Photo Courtesy of PetfinderHello! My name is Sherman. I was found as a stray and taken to a place called an animal shelter in Shepherdsville, KY. I was there for about 6 days waiting for my family to come and get me, but they never did. I was picked up by my LWR foster mom (FM) and taken to the vet to get checked out and weighed. As you can see, I am a little overweight. I weighed in at 107.1#. I should be about 75 lbs. So you know what that means! I am on a diet and have started an exercise program. I get dog food, but I am also getting green beans to make me feel full and some pumpkin for the fiber. Yum! I have learned the dog door at my foster home (yes I can fit through it!). I get along with all the other dogs here, but we are not sure yet how I would be with a cat. I do well with children also.

I am house trained and will go in a crate, but I am normally left out in the house during the day while my foster parents are at work. I do have some fatty tumors on me that will need to be evaluated after I lose my weight, but that just makes me more interesting! I can get up on the couch and a bed so my weight does not slow me down! I have to tell you a funny thing. When my FM went to get me from the shelter, they were calling me Sarah. Well on the way to the vets office I decided I wanted to get up in the front seat of the car and lay down in the passenger side. My FM looked over, lifted up my leg, and figured out I was a Sherman, not a Sarah! She was laughing pretty hard in the car. I am a very happy guy and will be even happier when I am able to run more after losing my weight.

We have a pond here, and I thought the lily pads were the extension of the ground, but when I walked out on them I totally went under water! I kind of like the water though. I am around 5-6 years old, neutered, vaccinated, micro chipped, and heartworm negative. I have also started getting a yummy heartworm prevention pill. I hope you can overlook my figure right now and focus on all my love I have to give. I am being fostered by Louisville, KY. Please fill out an application so my FM can give you a call to tell you all the great things about me! See you soon.

UPDATE! 11/3/10 - Wanted to update you on my weight issue! I have lost 21 lbs since coming into rescue. I went to the vet on 10/30/10 and she was very impressed with the way I look. I weigh 86.6 lbs now! She thinks I should lose about 10 more lbs. Right now she doesn't want to do anything about my fatty tumors because they would need to have a drain put in each spot and that can get kind of hairy, she said. I am waiting for my forever home and hope they are out there and coming soon.

If you are interested in this Weim, please go to www.louisvilleweimrescue.com and fill out an adoption application. Once we receive your application we will contact you.
Also, foster homes are always in need for Weimaraners in our rescue. If you are interested, please email rescue@louisvilleweimrescue.com Thanks!

Sherman's Contact Info
Louisville Weimaraner Rescue, Inc., Charlestown, IN

  • 812-256-3967
  • Email Louisville Weimaraner Rescue, Inc.
  • See more pets from Louisville Weimaraner Rescue, Inc.
  • For more information, visit Louisville Weimaraner Rescue, Inc.'s Web site.
My goal for the Blog-A-Thon is twofold. 1.) Every hour on the hour we will be posting about an animal in need of a special home. My hope is that you will will help re-tweet each of our posts and share with your friends on Facebook in order to try and find all these special animals a fantastic home.

2.) I am raising money for Boggs Mountain Humane Rescue located in Tiger Georgia. If you make a purchase from my Stella & Dot E-Boutique my entire commission from each sale will be donated to the shelter. Please be sure to use hostess name Marika Elfenbein

It is not too late to Sponsor a post. All proceeds will go to Boggs Mountain Humane Shelter. Each post is $25 and you will be able to have 1 link to any family friendly site. Please send your donation via PayPal to me marika@gmail.com in the notes write ''sponsor a post. As soon as your donation is received your link will go up in the next available post.

    Idle Talk: